In response to the recently adopted the Vacant, Fallow & Virgin Land Management law (VFV law) – despite the continuous public opposition, the civil society organizations in Myanmar released a joint statement as part of larger public campaign. The statement called to abolish the VFV law, to respect customary land management practices and to ensure the process of law making for federal land law with full & meaningful participation. The statement was endorsed by 346 local organizations (within 2 day).
The Statement is now available in 6 languages:
Soon after the statement was released on 16 November 2018, the United Nationalities Alliance (ethnic political party) & its sister organizations, the Karen National Union (Taungngu District), internally displaced persons from Kachin & Northern Shan State, Karenni Land Forum and Kayan Organizations have issued similar statements.
- UNA’s statement on the Vacant, Fallow & Virgin Land Management Law
- KNU (Taungngu) statement on the Vacant, Fallow & Virgin Land Management Law and related announcement
- IDPs’ statement on the Vacant, Fallow & Virgin Land Management Law and related announcement
- Statement from Karenni Land Forum
- Joint Statement of KNP, KNGY, KyWO & KLCC